I have a Kindle app on my phone and whenever I have a spare minute I love to read on it. Over the last couple of weeks I read Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. Most definitely one of my favorite books of all time. I had so many moments reading it when I felt the spirit so strongly and there were times that I was brought to tears. I feel that this book is a wonderful guide for making the transition from girlhood to womanhood, and it gives an accurate description of what being a woman is all about, and what the purpose of life is.
There's a huge push for gender equalization going on right now. Honestly, I disagree with that. Sure, I think that women should have equal opportunities and equal pay and there shouldn't be discrimination, but I also think that a woman shouldn't be condemned for having the desire to stay at home and raise her children and keep her house. Biologically and physically, men and women are different, because they have different purposes for this life. Yoked together equally, men and women together can accomplish amazing things because of our differences. I think that this is an idea that is trying to get lost in our society today. And it makes me sad.
I am so excited to someday give up my body to bring children into this world, to dedicate my life to them and hopefully be able to stay in the home while they are young, teaching them and nurturing them. I want to be with a man who can support me in that role and understand and love his own role as a provider and priesthood presider. My future family is the number one most important thing to me, everything else; education, career, mission etc. is all a stepping stone to get to that point.
Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now. :)
2 comments:
I miss your beautiful face! Isn't the kindle app the best thing ever?! Oh and one more thing...Let's imagine we're flying through the air! ;)
Cuuuuute blog!!
Ivy-Lauren.blogspot.com
Post a Comment