Monday, August 6, 2012

tell it from the mountain top baby

I realized that I never put up the proposal story on my blog. So I decided to do that. :)

Straight from the pages of my journal (which we all know is always completely correct. Right Mom?)


Sunday July 22, 2012
Dear Journal,
Yesterday was one of the greatest days of my life. We woke up super early and had breakfast, then left to hike Y mountain. We made a stop at "our rock" where Kevin and I had our first kiss and where he told me he loves me. I knew that he had put a deposit on the ring I loved, but he told me that it would be two weeks before he had it. We got to the top of our rock and I, being the dork that I am, started feeling in his pockets as a joke. But then I felt the ring box. Kevin looked at me and said, "Can I be really corny and tell you some of the reasons why I love you?" And then he listed off some really sweet things about me. Then he stood up and said "So now I have a question for you." He got down on one knee. "Amberly Hurst, will you marry me?" I cried and laughed and said "Yes!" and we put the ring on my finger and thoroughly enjoyed the first moments of being engaged. We called our families and laughed and kissed and shouted from the top of the mountain.



We will be married December 22, 2012 in the Mt. Timpanogos temple. I couldn't be more excited. I've never understood love like I do now and I've never seen God's hand in my life more than I have in the last 7 months, and especially in the last 3 since I've known Kevin. 

I wish that there were words I could use to describe how I feel about Kevin. He is perfect for me in the big ways and the small. He encompasses everything I have ever wanted in a future husband. He is sweet, loving, service oriented. He is so strong in the church and such a leader. He has a love of music that makes my heart sing. He loves me so much. He respects me and wants to take me to the temple. He is a worthy priesthood holder. The way that I love him is like the way I love the gospel. It permeates every aspect of my life. I can see our life together and I can see that it is going to be wonderful and amazing. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I thank Heavenly Father for him every day. I'm so grateful that I get to spend eternity with Kevin. What an amazing man. I love him so so much.


Love,
Amberly

3 comments:

Brianna said...

Amberly!!! Congratulations! I'm basically jumping up and down for you in my room ;D

Ashley said...

Congratulations cute Amberly! I am so happy for you!!!

Mandy Hixson said...

love this post. it's very sweet :)