Thursday, April 7, 2011

at least i accomplished one thing

One of my goals for the winter was to read the whole Kingdom and the Crown trilogy by Gerald Lund before I went back to school. I finished the third one last night, in perfect time for the Easter season. This series is a historical fiction about the life and ministry of Jesus Christ. I love them. I read them once before, the summer before I studied the New Testament in Seminary. These books are so carefully researched and cited and I learned a lot about Jewish traditions and the significance of certain things that Jesus did. They gave me a whole new understanding for His life and teachings. I love love love these books.

I was so grateful last night as I read about Christ's crucifixion and resurrection that I was experiencing these books again at this time of Easter celebration. It put me in the perfect frame of mind to contemplate the Atonement in these next few weeks. I'm really excited to celebrate Easter this year, even though it will be my first year without my family. I'm planning on sharing some of our Easter traditions with my roommates and I am very excited.

I'm so deeply thankful to my Savior and big brother, Jesus Christ. What He did for me and for each of us just astounds me.

How has Christ's sacrifice blessed your life?

No comments: