Friday, August 19, 2011

simple joy: friends in a boat

It was fantastic to get a text while at work yesterday inviting me to go boating with one of my oldest friends. It gave me something to look forward to after a long day of work. :) I might have done a happy dance and made ecstatic squealing noises as I put on my life jacket.

Despite the casualties inflicted by Toddley on all who rode the tube with him, and the crazy huge waves, I'd say the trip was a success. Reconnecting with old friends, meeting new people, catching some insane air, and I didn't even cry.

Unfortunatly, we have no pictures of the adventure, although I really wish we'd taken a picture of Todd's vampire bite on our new friends' knee. She looks like she had a run in with a Twilight character. It's safe to say that no camera would have survived the ordeal.

1 comment:

lissa kate said...

i'm really glad you used the word casualties to describe what happened.
because yes, in fact, my hear has died.
:)